CAP recognizes that to protect children from abuse, prevention services must address individuals, families and the community. Stewards of Children is a revolutionary sexual abuse prevention program that educates adults to prevent, recognize, and act responsibly to abuse. CAP provides monthly Stewards of Children trainings to the public.
- Saturday, November 3, 1-3pm – Westfield YWCA
- Upcoming Dates at CAP: TBA
Location: Child Advocacy Program, 405 West 3rd Street, Jamestown, NY 14733
Trainings are open to the public. Recommended donation $10.
Register: 716.338.9844 or Email Us
More about Stewards of Children
Darkness to Light is an international non-profit organization striving to reduce the incidence of child sexual abuse by empowering people to prevent it. The training program, Stewards of Children, is a prevention program that educates adults to prevent, recognize, and react responsibly to the issue. The cornerstone of this program is an interactive 2-hour workbook and video course. Components include the principles of choice, consciousness and personal power to promote an understanding of the nature and impact of child sexual abuse and provide a context for empowered action. The program incorporates the “5 Steps to Protecting our Children,” Darkness to Light’s core education tool for sexual abuse prevention. To date, Stewards of Children is the only nationally distributed, adult-focused, evidence-based and third party evaluated program.
What Outcomes Can I Expect?
- Increased awareness of the prevalence, consequences and circumstances of child sexual abuse
- New skills to prevent, recognize and react responsibly to child sexual abuse
- Proactive, positive input to change organizational policies and procedures
- Individual commitment to action via a personal prevention plan